Jenny Manzer is a writer in Victoria, British Columbia
Jenny Manzer is the author of SAVE ME, KURT COBAIN, which was nominated for the Bolen Books Children’s Book Prize. She has a degree in Creative Writing and was a finalist for the 2013 CBC Creative Non-Fiction Prize, one of Canada’s most prestigious literary competitions. She lives with her family in Victoria, British Columbia and spends a lot of time at baseball games.
Five Things No One Would Ever Say to Me
- You must join our math club.
- “How do you walk in those heels?”
- You shop too much.
- Please sing your karaoke version of “Rivers of Babylon.”
- How do you want your steak cooked?
Five Things I Like
- New running shoes.
- Abandoned shacks in fields.
- Busy cities with galleries and theatres.
- Quiet places with birds and whales.
- Gerbera daisies.
- All instruction manuals.
- Gross generalizations.
- Anonymous comments.
My Five Karaoke Songs (actual or ideal)
- “My Sharona,” The Knack
- “Rivers of Babylon,” Boney M
- “Someday,” Steve Earle
- “Debaser,” The Pixies
- Anything by The Weakerthans